Started Benefit Design Specialists, Inc. August 1986
Providing employee benefit plans for employers
- Administrative services for Section 125 & 105 plans, Cobra and Pension Plans
- Executive Benefits, Life and Disability Insurance Planning
- Coordination of personal estate planning
- Innovator of the MERPTM concept in Central PA, saving employers millions of premium dollars since 2004
- 1978 Graduate of Reynolds High School, Greenville, PA
- 1983 Graduate of Rider University B.S. Business Administration
- 1990 Graduate of Chartered Financial Consultant from the American College
- 1994 Graduate of Chartered Life Underwriter from the American College
- 2007 Graduate of Chartered Benefit Consultant
- Associated Builders & Contractors, Inc. (Keystone Chapter)
- Rider University Hall of Fame
T.J. joined BDS in June of 2008. T.J. is responsible for new sales and servicing existing clients, as well as, all marketing aspects for BDS. His main focus is to continue looking for opportunities, within the employee benefits marketplace, that could help BDS continue to offer cutting edge solutions.
- 2003 Graduate of Cedar Cliff High School, Camp Hill, PA
- 2008 Graduate of Rider University with B.S. in Business Administration Entrepreneurial Studies
- 2009 Chartered Benefit Consultant
- One of 12 wrestlers in the history of Rider University to win over 100 career matches
- Conference Champion
- Four time NCAA Division 1 National qualifier
Megan started with the Benefit Design Specialists (BDS) Team in 2012 bringing 17 years of service and management experience in the health insurance industry.
As an employee of Capital Blue Cross for 14 years, Megan held various positions including Claims Processor, Customer Service Representative, Producer Relations Coordinator, Manager of Small Group Sales, Manager of Underwriting Compliance and Director of Actuarial Operations. She also spent three years as a Broker Relations Coordinator with a wholesale producer.
As Vice President of Client Management for BDS, Megan handles new client sales, in addition to supporting our existing clients through the healthcare renewal process, and educating employees during the open enrollment period. Megan assists with the development and implementation of workplace wellness initiatives. Her primary focus is to provide our clients with the excellent service and support that they have come to expect from BDS. In her off time Megan is the proud mother of two boys, Colby and Nash, who are actively involved in numerous sports.
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude from Duquesne University
- Pennsylvania Licensed Producer for Health and Life Insurance
- Chartered Benefit Consultant
Justin Leader joined Benefit Design Specialists in January of 2016. Justin brings with him 10+ years of experience in various Sales, Marketing and Client Management roles. At BDS, his role is in the overall management of new client opportunities with a focus on identifying employers who are being under-serviced or in many cases not receiving the best solution at the best price. His team focuses on the consistent delivery of value to BDS clients, ensuring that each is treated with the best customer service whether it is the first 10 days as a BDS client or in the next 10 years.
- 2001 Graduate of Bedford High School, Bedford PA.
- 2005 Graduate of California University of Pennsylvania, with a B.S. in Biology with a focus in Pre-Medicine. (3.5 GPA)
- 2007 Graduate of California University of Pennsylvania, with a M.S. in Exercise Science with a focus in Corporate Health/Wellness and Injury Prevention. (4.0 GPA)
- Life, Accident, Health, Property & Casualty insurance license since 2010. #598258
- PA Council Member, PA Society for Human Resource Management
- Central Penn Business Journal, 40 Under Forty Award Winner
- Health Rosetta, Charter Certified Professional
Brady Catherine Barrick
Brady joined Benefits Design Specialists in July 2013 after graduating from Shippensburg University, Magna Cum Laude, with a major in Sociology and a minor in Business. Brady’s duties include quoting, creating proposals, running reports, client service and in-house client management. She enjoys spending free time with her family and friends.
Glenda joined BDS in August of 2018 and brings 22 years of experience in the health insurance industry. Glenda worked for a local insurance company where she held positions in Claims, Customer Service and the Sales Department. Most recently, she was an Account Manager with a brokerage firm where she worked with all group sizes both fully insured and self-funded.
Glenda will assist with Client Management support of the BDS clients.
- PA Licensed Producer for Accident, Health, Life & Fixed Annuities
Stacey joined BDS in 2004. As a Senior Plan Administratorr, Stacey assists clients with all aspects of Section 125, HSA, and debit card administration. Stacey also processes MERPTM, HSA, and flexible spending claims. Stacey also provides customer service support to individuals regarding claims. Stacey provides training and technical supervision to staff members. Stacey is a graduate of Millersville University who enjoys tennis and traveling.
As Senior COBRA Plan Administrator, Heather assists clients with all aspects of COBRA administration to help them remain compliant under the COBRA laws. Joining BDS in 2004, she provides support to clients for the on-line COBRA system. Heather also provides customer service support to termed individuals regarding the COBRA process, as well as providing training and technical supervision to BDS staff members. Heather is a graduate of Millersville University who enjoys traveling and swimming.
Lori joined the team in July 2013 as a Plan Administrator. She brings with her over 20 years of healthcare claims experience. Her duties include processing MERPTM, FSA, HSA, and Debit Card claims, assisting customers with account questions, and processing reimbursement check approvals. Customer Service and accuracy are her priorities. She enjoys spending time with family and friends and watching Sprint Car Racing.
Tyler joined BDS officially in February of 2020. He has been a friend of the firm and has assisted BDS’s client management and benefits administration teams for years and often during the busiest of times. Prior to working at BDS, Tyler managed Autobahn in Lemoyne for three years. Tyler brings a strong customer service background to the team as well as excellent problem-solving skills. As a plan administrator, Tyler will process MERP, HSA, and FSA claims.
Jeff joined the BDS family in June 2020 bringing 10+ years customer service and sales experience through healthcare and various sports organizations. Jeff comes to BDS from Delta Dental where he’s held positions in Quality Assurance, Underwriting, Customer Service and Procurement.
As Plan Administrator, Jeff’s duties include processing MERP, HSA, FSA and debit card claims. Through the delivery of superior customer service, customer satisfaction remains a top priority to BDS clients.
- West Virginia University, M.S. Sport Management (Magna Cum Laude)
- West Virginia University, B.S. Sport Management