Started Benefit Design Specialists, Inc. August 1986
Providing employee benefit plans for employers
- Administrative services for Section 125 & 105 plans, Cobra and Pension Plans
- Executive Benefits, Life and Disability Insurance Planning
- Coordination of personal estate planning
- Innovator of the MERPTM concept in Central PA, saving employers millions of premium dollars since 2004
- 1978 Graduate of Reynolds High School, Greenville, PA
- 1983 Graduate of Rider University B.S. Business Administration
- 1990 Graduate of Chartered Financial Consultant from the American College
- 1994 Graduate of Chartered Life Underwriter from the American College
- 2007 Graduate of Chartered Benefit Consultant
- Associated Builders & Contractors, Inc. (Keystone Chapter)
- Rider University Hall of Fame
T.J. joined BDS in June of 2008. T.J. is responsible for new sales and servicing existing clients, as well as, all marketing aspects for BDS. His main focus is to continue looking for opportunities, within the employee benefits marketplace, that could help BDS continue to offer cutting edge solutions.
- 2003 Graduate of Cedar Cliff High School, Camp Hill, PA
- 2008 Graduate of Rider University with B.S. in Business Administration Entrepreneurial Studies
- 2009 Chartered Benefit Consultant
- One of 12 wrestlers in the history of Rider University to win over 100 career matches
- Conference Champion
- Four time NCAA Division 1 National qualifier
Megan started with the Benefit Design Specialists (BDS) Team in 2012 bringing 17 years of service and management experience in the health insurance industry.
As an employee of Capital Blue Cross for 14 years, Megan held various positions including Claims Processor, Customer Service Representative, Producer Relations Coordinator, Manager of Small Group Sales, Manager of Underwriting Compliance and Director of Actuarial Operations. She also spent three years as a Broker Relations Coordinator with a wholesale producer.
As Vice President of Client Management for BDS, Megan handles new client sales, in addition to supporting our existing clients through the healthcare renewal process, and educating employees during the open enrollment period. Megan assists with the development and implementation of workplace wellness initiatives. Her primary focus is to provide our clients with the excellent service and support that they have come to expect from BDS. In her off time Megan is the proud mother of two boys, Colby and Nash, who are actively involved in numerous sports.
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude from Duquesne University
- Pennsylvania Licensed Producer for Health and Life Insurance
- Chartered Benefit Consultant
Rob joined BDS in 2011 after graduating from Rider University with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree. As the business development manager, he assisted Sales and Client Managers with Open enrollments, client renewals, financial reporting, medical and ancillary quoting, marketing campaigns, networking, and BDS seminars.
In 2015, he advanced to Chief Operating Officer, where he is responsible for the oversight and management of all daily operations. He works with all Client Managers and Broker Partners to obtain client renewal and financial information, provide accurate documentation and set up of all client plans, and consult on all administrative vehicles. He also works with the staff to ensure that our attention to customer service and the commitment we make to our clients is always a priority.
Outside of work, he enjoys spending time with his amazing, beautiful wife and their two furry children.
- 2006 Graduate of Cedar Cliff High School, Camp Hill, PA
- 2011 Graduate of Rider University with a B.S. in Business Administration
- 2011 PA licensed producer of Life and Health Insurance
- PIAA District 3 Champion
- PIAA State 3rd Place Finish
- 4 year starter for Rider University
- Team Captain in both 2006 and 2011
- Two time NCAA Division 1 National Qualifier
Justin Leader joined Benefit Design Specialists in January of 2016. Justin brings with him 10+ years of experience in various Sales, Marketing and Client Management roles. At BDS, his role is in the overall management of new client opportunities with a focus on identifying employers who are being under-serviced or in many cases not receiving the best solution at the best price. His team focuses on the consistent delivery of value to BDS clients, ensuring that each is treated with the best customer service whether it is the first 10 days as a BDS client or in the next 10 years.
- 2001 Graduate of Bedford High School, Bedford PA.
- 2005 Graduate of California University of Pennsylvania, with a B.S. in Biology with a focus in Pre-Medicine. (3.5 GPA)
- 2007 Graduate of California University of Pennsylvania, with a M.S. in Exercise Science with a focus in Corporate Health/Wellness and Injury Prevention. (4.0 GPA)
- Life, Accident, Health, Property & Casualty insurance license since 2010. #598258
- Board Member, American Heart Association Capital Region
- PA Council Member, PA Society for Human Resource Management
- Central Penn Business Journal, 40 Under Forty Award Winner
- Health Rosetta, Charter Certified Professional
Clint joined BDS in July 2015. As a 2nd generation employee benefits professional, Clint has always been involved with Healthcare, Benefits, and Insurance. As the Assistant Vice President of Business Development he takes pride in working with employers to control their 2nd highest overhead expense. Clint’s goal is to find potential opportunities with prospective clients seeking to improve upon their benefit plans via our two fold approach; delivering quality, cost-effective employee benefit plans coupled with hassle-free benefits management for their HR departments.
- 2010 Graduate of Cedar Cliff High School, Camp Hill, PA
- 2015 Graduate of Rider University with B.S. in Business Administration
- PA Licensed Producer of Life, Accident, and Health Insurance
- Wrestled 5 years for Rider University Broncs
- NCAA Division I National Qualifier
Ginny Hower brings a tremendous amount of experience to the BDS team. Ginny was responsible for numerous family practice offices throughout the Holy Spirit Hospital system. Upon joining BDS Ginny worked in a management role leading administration at BDS. Ginny’s years of experience have culminated in her being a world class client manager for groups of all shapes and sizes. Aunt Ginny as she is known around the office enjoys spending her free time with her four wonderful granddaughters.
Whitney joined the BDS family in October of 2017 to lead our KISx Card program’s nurse concierge department. She offers 15 years of diverse experience as a Registered Nurse. She spent the first 8 years of her career working in the hospital setting with special interest in the Orthopedic, Cardiac, Neurological, and Trauma Surgical specialties. For the last 7 years, Whitney has applied her nursing knowledge and experience while helping patients as a Case Manager, as well as doing Utilization Review.
As the program leader of the Keep It Simple (KISx) Card Program, Whitney engages members who need elective surgeries and procedures. Her role includes the scheduling and coordinating of these procedures, as well as patient education throughout the pre- and post-operative process. Her role is vital in making sure our members get the necessary health care they need, while providing the employers with cost effective health care claims, and ultimately rounding out the continuum of care. In her free time, Whitney enjoys traveling and spending time with her husband TJ and 2 kids.
Graduated in 2003 from York College of Pennsylvania with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Amanda Joined BDS in April 2016. As Human Resources Executive, She works to improve sales, productivity, organization, company culture, and employee relations. She is a passionate people advocate. Her goal is to create solutions to issues and challenges of modern business and modern employee needs. Boomers, GenX, Millennial – whatever your generation – everyone wants to be part of a successful workplace. She listens to business and employee needs. She will use examples of contemporary practices along with a review of existing procedures to help develop strategies for the needs of today’s evolving workforce. Amanda has worked for large and small companies, as well as owned her own business and helped her entrepreneurial friends realize their dreams.
- George Mason University – Fairfax, VA
- Oxford University (New College) – Oxford, UK
- Cornell University – Cornell, NY
- Red Lion Controls – Director of Global Human Resources
- Ahold USA (division of Royal Ahold N.V.) – Sr. Manager of Staffing Strategy
- Harsco Corporation – Sr. Manager of Human Resources
- York International Corporation – Human Resources Generalist
Jenn started with the Benefit Design Specialists (BDS) Team in August of 2018 bringing 16 years of service and management experience in the health insurance industry.
Jenn comes to BDS from Capital BlueCross where she held positions in Coordination of Benefits (COB) and Underwriting Compliance. Most recently, she was the Manager of Underwriting Compliance. Her prior positions bring extensive knowledge regarding COB, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) regulations, and compliance guidelines.
As Office Manager for BDS, Jenn will work with the Plan Administrator staff to provide the best customer service to our clients and assist our Client Management team through the healthcare renewal process. In her time off, Jenn enjoys spending time with her husband and their 4 daughters, camping, and ATV riding.
Brady Catherine Barrick
Brady joined Benefits Design Specialists in July 2013 after graduating from Shippensburg University, Magna Cum Laude, with a major in Sociology and a minor in Business. Brady’s duties include quoting, creating proposals, running reports, client service and in-house client management. She enjoys spending free time with her family and friends.
Glenda joined BDS in August of 2018 and brings 22 years of experience in the health insurance industry. Glenda worked for a local insurance company where she held positions in Claims, Customer Service and the Sales Department. Most recently, she was an Account Manager with a brokerage firm where she worked with all group sizes both fully insured and self-funded.
Glenda will assist with Client Management support of the BDS clients.
- PA Licensed Producer for Accident, Health, Life & Fixed Annuities
Stacey joined BDS in 2004. As a Senior Plan Administratorr, Stacey assists clients with all aspects of Section 125, HSA, and debit card administration. Stacey also processes MERPTM, HSA, and flexible spending claims. Stacey also provides customer service support to individuals regarding claims. Stacey provides training and technical supervision to staff members. Stacey is a graduate of Millersville University who enjoys tennis and traveling.
As Senior COBRA Plan Administrator, Heather assists clients with all aspects of COBRA administration to help them remain compliant under the COBRA laws. Joining BDS in 2004, she provides support to clients for the on-line COBRA system. Heather also provides customer service support to termed individuals regarding the COBRA process, as well as providing training and technical supervision to BDS staff members. Heather is a graduate of Millersville University who enjoys traveling and swimming.
As Plan Administrator, Cheryl’s duties include processing MERP, HSA, and FSA and Debit card claims.
Cheryl loves handling customer service phone calls, solving the problems and leaving the customer satisfied that their issues are handled efficiently. Part of the work week is being a part of the network to process reimbursement checks for all services.
She became a certified COBRA Administrator in October, 2016. Enjoys handling and talking to clients all over the United States. COBRA services are a very important part of our Administration which require serious accuracy and attention.
Lori joined the team in July 2013 as a Plan Administrator. She brings with her over 20 years of healthcare claims experience. Her duties include processing MERPTM, FSA, HSA, and Debit Card claims, assisting customers with account questions, and processing reimbursement check approvals. Customer Service and accuracy are her priorities. She enjoys spending time with family and friends and watching Sprint Car Racing.
Julie joined BDS in May 2014 as a Plan Administrator. Julie brings with her over 14 years of Underwriting experience and is currently responsible for the processing of MERP and FSA claims, provides customer service to clients with account questions.
Outside of the office she enjoys spending time with her family and friends.